Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce Powder
Make a quick meal with this vegan nacho cheese sauce powder! What is nacho cheese sauce? It is a cheddar style cheese sauce with a few Mexican seasonings to give it some flavor kick. It’s perfect to pour over your nachos, dip your chips in, use as a base for Mac and cheese, a casserole, etc.
This powder is made from ground cashews, tapioca starch, nutritional yeast, and the perfect combination of spices.
Cashews and tapioca combine to make a perfect creamy and cheesy consistency to this sauce. The cashews are blended with the other ingredients so that they are finely ground. All you have to do is add water (and oil if desired for a creamier sauce)!
How to Cook: there are 2 ways of cooking this
- Easy - mix contents with 450ml water and 1-2 Tablespoons of oil or vegan butter if desired. Cook over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a boil. If it is too thick, add more water. For a lower fat sauce, use extra water and NO oil.
- Extra Creamy (recommended!) - in a blender, add contents with 450ml water and 1-2 Tablespoons of oil or vegan butter. Blend for about 30 seconds to a minute. Pour into a small pan and cook over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a boil. If too thick, add a little water. For a lower fat sauce, use extra water and NO oil.
We recommend making the extra creamy sauce, but honestly even doing it the easy way makes a creamy sauce and when you are eating it on pasta you almost can’t tell the difference. The extra creamy sauce will be thicker than the easy sauce, so you may need to add a little extra water after cooking. After cooking, taste and add more salt/pepper if desired. Adding oil/butter is optional as it is plenty flavorful and creamy as it is. But the oil does give it more richness, so try it both ways and see which you prefer.
OR don’t cook it all, just use it as a tasty cheesy sprinkle on pasta, popcorn, veggies, salad, etc!
How to Serve:
Nacho sauce is typically served with corn chips, salsa, and other accompaniments such as taco meat (our fiesta crumbles are perfect for this!)
This sauce is also great on:
- veggie burgers
- roasted veggies
- steamed broccoli
- on baked, boiled, or mashed potatoes
- mixed into pasta/rice/chickpeas/veggie for a casserole
- Mixed into pasta for a quick mac’n’cheese (add frozen peas and beans or vegan sausage for a full meal)
- Anywhere you want a creamy tasty sauce!
One pack has approximately 95g, enough to make 2 1/2 cups of sauce!
Cashews, nutritional yeast, tapioca starch, onion powder, himalayan salt, paprika, smoked paprika, vegan lactic acid, mustard powder, garlic powder, cumin