Vegan Cheddar Cheese Sauce Powder
Make a quick meal with this vegan cashew based cheddar cheese sauce powder! It is perfect for mac and cheese, in a casserole, as the topping for a casserole, on vegan burgers, pizza, roast veggies, etc. This is the same as our nacho sauce powder, but without the Mexican style spices. This powder is made from ground cashews, tapioca starch, nutritional yeast, and the perfect combination of spices. Cashews and tapioca combine to make a perfect creamy and cheesy consistency to this sauce. The cashews are blended with the other ingredients so that they are finely ground. All you have to do is add water (and oil if desired for a creamier sauce)! How to Cook: there are 2 ways of cooking this
- Easy - mix contents with 450ml water and 1-2 Tablespoons of oil or vegan butter if desired. Cook over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a boil. If it is too thick, add more water. For a lower fat sauce, use extra water and NO oil.
- Extra Creamy (recommended!) - in a blender, add contents with 450ml water and 1-2 Tablespoons of oil or vegan butter. Blend for about 30 seconds to a minute. Pour into a small pan and cook over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a boil. If too thick, add a little water. For a lower fat sauce, use extra water and NO oil.
- veggie burgers
- roasted veggies
- steamed broccoli
- on baked, boiled, or mashed potatoes
- mixed into pasta/rice/chickpeas/veggie for a casserole
- Mixed into pasta for a quick mac’n’cheese (add frozen peas and beans or vegan sausage for a full meal)
- Anywhere you want a creamy tasty sauce!
One pack has approximately 95g of powder, enough to make about 2 1/2 cups of sauce.
Ingredients:Cashews, nutritional yeast, tapioca starch, onion powder, himalayan salt, vegan lactic acid, garlic powder, paprika, spices, pepper